If you just can’t wait until the Summer 2016 Olympics, you’re in luck. You don’t have to, because you can get your summer sports fix right now by following the incredible athletes competing in the Pan Am Games. The last time these festive summer competitions took place was in 2011 in Guadalajara, and we can thank our lucky stars the events are taking place in our local Toronto right NOW!
If you’ve missed the highlights thus far, we’ve got the recap for you. Read on!
- American Marquise Goodwin will compete in the long jump finals
- The Canadian women’s basketball team beat the U.S. and won gold
- Canada beat the U.S. and won gold in men’s baseball
- The U.S. and Canada have the highest number of gold metals currently
- Cuban cyclist Lisandra Guerra fell and got several large, wooden splinters from the track.
Keep watching the games, and follow along with us!